This is what I came up with:
1. I wanted it to be a "Christmas morning" party meaning everyone would come in their pajamas. I love a party that I don't have to spend time putting together an outfit :)
2. Since we were going to go by the theme of Christmas Morning, I wanted dinner to consist of breakfast foods.
3. and most of all, I wanted everyone to enjoy themselves and have fun.
I spent a bit putting together a cute little "invitation." Sorry, not the best picture of it.
Sadly, we don't get to see all of our friends very often, so not many of my amazing invites were ever given out/or seen. Thank goodness for technology and texts these days ;). Chris and I are so grateful to be blessed with such great friends. Several of them brought things to help contribute to our party.
Our party began on December 15th, a Saturday evening, at 6:30pm. As couples shuffled in, Chris and our wonderful friend Lauren Skousen made sure that there were always warm waffles ready for our lovely guests. Yes, waffles was our "breakfast" of choice. We had wonderful homemade waffles (thanks to those who brought their waffle makers), with syrup, strawberries, and powdered sugar. Along with waffles, I decided to make a dish that my grandmother makes EVERY year for Christmas morning brunch. Since it is a family recipe, I am not exactly sure what the name is, but we call it "Aunt Marty's Egg Dish." And of course, breakfast wouldn't be breakfast without some orange juice!!! AND, a Christmas party wouldn't be a Christmas party without hot chocolate and candy canes!
After eating, we all sat around and talked for a bit and then decided to play a few games. It was so fun to have everyone over! Not to sound cocky or anything, but we are all a fun bunch :).
We were blessed with the presence of the following couples:
1. Lauren and Chris Skousen
2. Brooke and Lyle Nelson
3. Chelsie and Michael Price
4. Nicole and Kyle Wagner
5. Hannah and Brad Wakefield
6. Janae Squires- we missed Cody
7. Marika and Spener Hepworth
8. Melanie and Russell Askey
9. Delphine and Chase Brown- to be
Last minute, I decided that I wanted to make cute little photo booth props. I'll post a picture for your enjoyment!
I am so glad that that we were able to pull of this Christmas party and that so many of our friends were able to make it! I am thinking we might have to make it an "Annual Howarth Christmas Party." Yeah? yeah?

No comments:
Post a Comment