Saturday, January 5, 2013

Date #3

     Every year Chris' family meets up at Mom and Dad Howarth's house, divides up the heads and scrambles into the cars awaiting their passengers arrival.  They head up to Bucks Lake area where they "set up day camp" and head out into the woods to find their "perfect" Christmas tree.  Lunch is always provided, which of course is delicious and consists of some type of warm soup, bread, mandarins, hot chocolate and hot apple cider.  Last year, December 2011, was my first trip to the "Annual Howarth Christmas Tree Cutting Trip."  Even though there wasn't much snow for sledding, it was a blast being able to be up in the mountains with such wonderful people and enjoying the Christmas spirit.  This year, December 2012, was no exception!

    Everyone was running on what we like to call HST (Howarth Standard Time), meaning we were all running a little bit behind on the beautiful, brisk December Saturday morning. Chris and I stopped by the store in Oroville, and grabbed some eggs.  We headed up to Mom and Dad Howarth's and started making breakfast for those to come.  Eggs, bacon, hash browns, orange juice...we know how to eat :)! After eating, we all gathered into our arranged cars and headed up the road to Bucks Lake.  It was a sunny day, and yet again, no snow.  I was kinda bummed.  You would think after living in Utah for 4 years I would be okay with no snow, but I really do enjoy being able to drive a ways and visit the snow!








The 2012 Crew
(Left)









 
Us girls (minus Anna, we missed you!)

For those of you who don't know:

Left is Tesha (Chris' oldest brother Wes' wife)
Next is Leia (Chris' youngest sister)
ME
Right is Misty (Chris' oldest sister)



 I wasn't too sure how I felt about getting what I considered a "Charlie Brown" tree.  Growing up, I always with with my family to the different tree lots in Chico and picked out what I knew as a beautiful, full, fluffy, wonderful smelling tree.  Chris really wanted to get a tree up at Bucks Lake because it was a tradition for his family.  I gave in and ended up loving our tree this year.

Chris and I with our First tree :)

   I love my in-laws and am so grateful for them!  I am blessed to be a part of their family and can't wait to experience more Howarth Traditions!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that really is a Charlie Brown tree! But if it makes the husband happy , then that is all that matters!!

    ReplyDelete