Thursday, January 3, 2013

12 "Dates" of Christmas

     While the Christmas season was quickly approaching, I was frantically looking for things to do that would help Chris and I enjoy our first Christmas as a married couple, as well as remember the true meaning of Christmas.  I ran upon the idea of  "12 days of Christmas" where people give their spouse a little gift everyday from Dec 13-24th.  It seemed like a cute idea, but I was looking for something more ...fun and different.  I then thought, "HEY!! Why don't we do "12 dates of Christmas," where we can do different Christmas activities.  This would help us to remember the true meaning of Christmas as well as enjoy spending time together as a couple.

     After I thought up what I thought was my brilliant idea, I got to writing down ideas of dates that we could do, and this is what I came up with (not to be done in any specific order):

1.  Watch a Christmas movie
2.  Go to the mountains and cut down a Christmas tree
3.  Drive around and look at Christmas lights, while of course drinking hot chocolate
4.  Make Christmas cookies
5.  Take Christmas Pictures
6.  Read a children's Christmas book
7.  Pick a name off of the Angel Tree and buy a gift
8.  Go Sledding
9.  Buy Christmas decorations for the house
10.  Decorate the house
11.  Put up and decorate our tree, that we off course got on date #2
12.  Attend the Creche festival at the church
13.  Go Christmas Caroling with a group of friends
14.  Host a Christmas party

     I was so excited after making this list, I couldn't wait for hubby to get home so I could tell him about my BRILLIANT idea!!  Let's just say that a few of them just might be a little more fun for girls to do, not so much boys..mmhhmmm # 4, 5, 9, 10, 11.  Although, he was a great sport! 

     As most of the 2012 year did, the month of December flew by!!!   Unfortunately, we only were able to do 8 of the 12 dates of Christmas.  They were ALL a blast and I look forward to next Holiday season, which hopefully won't be so crazy, so we can do all 12!!!

     As for details on the dates, well you guessed it! My next few posts will be about our "8 dates of Christmas!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment