I have been slacking on my blog posts but my lovely husband has informed me that our life is pretty "Boring" right now for the "Blog World." Recently Chris has been working his butt off, literally. I am so grateful for him and everything he does to help support us. He moved to a different area at his job and now works 7 days a week from 6:15 am to 6:30 pm. I think I hate it more than him. I feel so bad that he never gets a day off, is on his feet all day, and is working 12 hour days. He is AWESOME!! He comes home every night, eats dinner and NEVER complains about anything. I mean....he HAS to be exhausted, he HAS to be starving, his feet HAVE to hurt, he HAS to be hot...and the list continues on. But not one peep ever comes out of him about any of that stuff. He is always so appreciative of me cleaning the house, doing dishes and laundry and making dinner. :)
I feel so bad because I am currently only working 2 days a week. I would LOVE to work more, but that's all my job has open for right now. I applied at a Dialysis clinic over in Oroville to work per diem back in February before I even started working at Cal Park. They called me about 2 weeks ago and asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I agreed and went over to Oroville the next day for my 40 minute interview. I was interviewed by the Nurse Manager of the Oroville clinic and the Nurse Manager of the Redding clinic, followed by a little tour of the facility. A few days later, I got a call and was offered the job!
PROS:
1. 20 more hours a week than my current job, which means MORE money!
2. I would be working 3 days a week
CONS:
1. I would be working 12 hour days
2. Their training process is 3 months long
3. Training takes place in the Redding clinic, and I would have to be there Mon-Thurs for 10 hour days for THREE MOTHS!
4. Once I was done with my 3 month training, I would be working at the Oroville clinic, which is fine..BUT, my shift would start at 3:30 am!!!
5. Number 4 means that I would have to get up at about 1:50 to leave our house at 2:45 AM, yes AM, YEAH.. AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So...unfortunately, after much discussion with the hubby, I decided to pass on the job offer. I talked to my current boss and we are working out a schedule for me to start working at Cal Park full time.
PROS:
1. 16 more hours a week
2. I LOVE my job
3. I would work 2 AM shifts on the Alzheimer's unit and 2 PM shifts on the Rehab unit
4. I LOVE my job
5. oh, did I mention I LOVE working at CAL PARK!!!?
Anyway, yes work is all us Howarth's are doing..about time right ;)
glad you decided to stay with your job! and what the heck is chris doing on the ranch?! that is crazy!!!!
ReplyDelete