Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cousins, Babies and Cousin's Babies :)

     Growing up, I was not around babies much.  I am the youngest grandchild out of the whopping 4 grand kids on my Mom's side haha, and the youngest of 10 on my dad's side.  Therefore, everyone else got to enjoy me as a baby (if you call that enjoyable) and I never got to be around the "younger" or baby cousins, because there were none.....  UNTIL my cousins started having kids!  I love babies! No, this post isn't about me being baby hungry.  I just love being around babies and their cute personalities but like to pass them back to their mommies :) 

     Yesterday, Friday the 5th, I went with Leia (my sister-in-law), Eli (my nephew), Holly and her baby Hayden (Chris' Cousins) down to Yuba City to spend some time with more cousins and....you guessed it! Their babies!!!!  Audrea, one of Chris' cousins, was 7 months pregnant (due in November) and started having really bad headaches and just feeling very very sick.  She was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome and the doctors had to take the baby via c-section immediately to make Audge feel better.  The baby, Harlow, is now in the NICU in Sacramento and doing well. 

     We went down to Yuba City to visit her and help get her mind off everything that has been going on.  Her daughter Kinsley was there, along with Chris' cousin Diana and her kids Payton, Jax and baby in the belly, Cousin Janeane and baby Lauren, and Cousin Sarah! So many kids/babies, I was in heaven.  They are all so adorable and love each other so much!

     Makes me miss being a kid and spending time with all my cousins, playing who knows what and being entertained :)

*A happy family is but an earlier heaven*
- George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment