When you graduate from high school/turn 18 years old, there is a ward (congregation) for all young single adults. Chris and I both attended this ward in Chico, every Sunday for church. We saw each other several times at church, sports night, and other church activities.
On July 4th, 2009 a group of friends from the singles ward went to the Food Maxx parking lot in Chico to watch the fireworks. Here is where Chris (Sitting, far right) and I (Sitting, jean shorts and blue/pink shirt) began talking more and getting to know each other more. We would occasionally flirt with each other and I knew he liked me, but nothing came of it because I was only in Chico for the summer, and would be going back to Provo, Utah to attend Utah Valley University for Nursing School.
For the next TWO years we continued on our separate lives and didn't really talk much unless I was in Chico visiting and saw him at yet another church activity.
On June 6, 2011 I was going through my phone and deleting phone numbers from people who I didn't talk to anymore, were in my old wards, etc. I ran upon Chris' name and number and thought, "I haven't talked to Chris is forever, but I should text him and see how he is doing." I then sent Chris the following text, "Hey There Sassy pants?" Chris did not reply to my text until the next day. This caught me by surprise as I knew he still liked me and knew he wasnt dating anyone...what the heck was going on!? haha.
Chris responded to my text the next morning and we exchanged a few text messages. We didn't talk at all during the following week. Chris then sent me another text message, and we never stopped talking since that day. We spent many hours on the phone, and sent several text messages back and forth.
At the end of July, I came to Chico to visit my family and of course to see Chris. I was nervous because I hadn't seen him in a while, and always kinda pushed away the idea of dating because I was in Utah and he was in California. He was nervous to see me and was not going to be surprised if I ended up not showing up. BUT I DID! It was amazing and this is when we had our FIRST kiss.
We spent the majority of my time in Chico together. I was only home for about 3 days before I invited Chris over for dinner with me and my parents. It instantly felt comfortable having him around my family.
A few days later, he took me to Oroville to meet his youngest sister (Leia) and his parents. I LOVED them! Chris took me over to his Grandma's house to meet her and then told me to come with him out to her back porch. The sun was setting and the view was amazing! He looked at me and told me that he loved me..of course, I started crying!!! "Finally" I thought. I had told Chris that I loved him about a week before this and had been waiting for him to say it back for what seemed like FOREVER. Eventually, my trip to Chico came to an end and I headed back to Utah to finish my LAST semester of Nursing School- YAY!!!!
At the end of August, on a Sunday, I was getting ready for church when my roommate said, "Hey my dad is coming over to pick up my TV while were at church, can I leave a key under the doormat?" I thought to myself "Of course!! It's your dad." Little did I know she was in on a surprise! I came home from church and opened my apartment door. I instantly felt a weird feeling like someone was in or had been in our apartment. It was at this time that Chris walked into the living room from the back of the apartment. I was SO EXCITED to see him!! What a GREAT surprise. He spent about one and a half weeks in Provo visiting friends and of course ME! Again, every great trip has to come to an end :(
Thanks to our AMAZING friend Erin, Chris was able to get cheap flights out to Utah and come visit me again in October. November was my turn, and I took a trip home for Thanksgiving. Chris and I split up our Thanksgiving day to spend half of it with his family and half with my family. This is when Chris met the majority of my family, and I got to meet some more of his!!
I left Chico and went BACK to Utah for my final time to return to school. I only had 3 more weeks of College, Nursing School, living in Utah, being young. It was such a great feeling but at the same time I was not ready to grow up!
I moved home to Chico on December 9, and loved every minute of it. Chris and I were inseparable, and got the nickname from his parents, Peas and Carrotts. We spent our days hanging out with my family, his family and friends. We started talking about our future and what we wanted..and the M word came up..yes marriage. The rest is history....
I love Chris, my husband and my Best Friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment