Last Thursday (Sept 6) we had Ashley and Eric Lower, and Dan Clements and Erin Zucatto over to our new place for tacos and a intense game of Phase 10. The food was amazing, and the company...always great! We love all of them!
This past week Chris got a job! He is working the harvest season at the former "Church Farm." He started Safety training on Thursday. It's so fun for me! I got up Friday morning (my day off) and made him breakfast and lunch and sent him on his way to work! I went back to bed for a bit..oops! When I woke up, I remembered it was Friday, aka Friday Forum!! Friday Forum is something they do every Friday (obviously) during the school year at the Institute building. For those of you who don't know what institute is, you can check out the following link : Institute
I came home and cleaned the house until Chris got home from work. He is so great! He came home and immediately jumped in on the cleaning house party. I LOVE HIM!
We decided after all the cleaning that we would go to Oroville and stay the night at his parents, my in-laws! So we headed to Oroville and met Dan and Julie at Casa Vieja...the BEST Mexican restaurant ever..ok well maybe just in Oroville. After dinner we headed over to Chris' Aunt and Uncle's house to see his cousin's baby. Let's just say that Holly has the CUTEST baby boy ever! I am obsessed with Hayden and always tell Chris, "Can we go to Hayden's house?" He is 2 months old and already owns the place :)
Just an FYI, when we go to Oroville we usually make several stops so that we can see all of our family. So, after we left Hayden's house we headed over to our friend Brandy's. Brandy and I met in high school. Sarah, Brandy and I were basically inseparable. She left us in high school to go to Las Plumas High in Oroville and we only talked here and there. We hadn't talked for years when I got a phone call from a number in February and it was BRANDY! She still had my phone number memorized after all these years. It was so fun to hear from her and now we talk all the time. We have got together a handful of times and love catching up and reliving the old days. So fun!
We headed up to the in-laws late and snuck into our room and fell asleep. Saturday morning Chris made us breakfast...bacon, eggs and pancakes. DELICIOUS! We hung out around the house for a while and then headed back to Chico to spend time with our lovely friends..Mr. and Mrs. Skousen. Chris and I just LOVE them! Mrs. Skousen and I both are college graduates, have amazing husbands both named Chris, are both converts to the LDS church and are basically twins. Lauren and I chatted while our boys were outside fixing up the truck, of course!
Later Saturday evening, Chris & I went over to Mr. and Mrs. Nelson's house. I have known Brooke since she was 12 and it has been fun to watch her grow up and now she is MARRIED. Crazy how fast time flies. Chris was super excited to go over and spend time with them. He told me on the way over there that him and Lyle used to play frisbee golf together..presh! We played Cranium...Green Girls vs. Blue Boys and of course, the girls Dominated! P.S. if you haven't ever played Cranium, it's so fun! I want to go buy it. We then decided to play Mad Gab and play Nelsons vs. Howarths. The newlyweds (us) lost 55-51. We shared lots of stories and laughs. Of course we couldn't have a game night without ice cream and cookies. Brooke made delicious gluten-free cookies. We can't wait to go on another double date with them!!
We love our family, friends, double dates and our jobs!!!
We love you too beautiful lady! And I love your blog (and your long posts!!)! So glad we are twins even more so now! ;]
ReplyDelete