Monday, December 3, 2012

New Job!

     As many of you know, I went to Nursing School in Utah but always knew that I would move back to Chico.  I have always been a "home body," and love Chico!  Growing up in Chico and knowing I wanted to become a nurse, I would drive by Enloe Hospital and think, "I am going to work there someday!"  After several hours of applying, 11 months later and what seemed like thousands of applications, I FINALLY got an interview. On November 12th, I got a call from Enloe Human Resources saying that the Nurse Manager of the 4th Floor wanted to interview me. I thought, "What? are you sure you have the right person..Jenny Howarth?" I couldn't believe it!!!!  I don't think I have ever been so excited to go to an interview in my life, I mean..their usually pretty nerve wracking!  Because of the hospital expanding and different departments moving into the new tower, I had to wait until November 28th to interview.  OVER 2 WHOLE weeks, it killed me!!! Lots of time to prepare...and lots of time to stress and freak myself out. 

     On November 28th, I got up and went over some things that I had researched about Enloe as well as interviewing.  My interview was at 11am and of course it had to be POURING that day. I was running from the parking structure to the main entrance in a skirt, no umbrella and probably ended up looking like a poodle with my wet and curly hair :)  My interview went well.  Natalie Keables, a friend of mine who works on the 4th floor and referred me to this job, gave me many tips and pep talks.  I can't thank her enough!!  At the end of my 45 minute interview (seems long and scary but it was so fun and relaxing), I asked the Nurse Manager, "I saw that there were two job openings on this floor, are there still two openings?"  She responded with ...."Yes.  Well...I already hired one and I am offering you the second."  I honestly think I just sat there in AWE, staring at her with my mouth wide open. 

     A few days later I got this on my email:


     AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  I can't contain my excitement!!!!

I start January 7th as a Full-Time Night RN on the 4th Floor (Pediatric, Oncology & Med/Surg)

2 comments: